Most of the global population, individuals as well as corporations, are now aware of the negative impact of plastic and are willing to reduce or at best eliminate its usage. The team at Enva Plax very well understands the effort it takes to bring this change in mindset and processes as well. We proudly assist and consult everyone who approaches us for the same.
Alongside, consumers are becoming increasingly concerned with packaging materials and designs that are environmentally friendly.
Goals by UN, EU and other organisations
The United Nations had framed a list of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) in 2015 which focus on achieving holistic sustainability by 2030. To give an idea, goals 11, 12 and 13 are:
Responsible Consumption and Production
It aims to inspire consumers and producers to do more and better with less, as it promotes economic growth and resource efficiency without environmental degradation.
The European Union also has an integrated climate and energy policy, as well as a framework for sustainable resource management. If all these organizations are focusing on it, one cannot deny the significance of sustainable packaging. With the same faith and belief, Enva Plax helps everyone take a firm step towards sustainability by transforming the way they use and/or pack their products.
Packaging Requirements of various countries
The cause of sustainability is being addressed globally. Every nation has its own benchmarks and standards set to meet the eco-friendly norms for packaging. Enva Plax keeps a track of all such global mandates and ensures that what we deliver meets up the clients’ expectations every time, no matter what the laws of the lands are.
- In the UK, packaging ought to be reusable or recoverable through at least one of the following: Material recycling, Incineration with energy recovery, Composting or biodegradation.
- In Japan, the Packaging Recycling Act takes care of packaging ensuring minimum wastage. It promotes the 3Rs of sustainability very effectively.
- In the Netherlands, the Dutch Government sets a minimum recycling percentage for packaging each year. In 2021, it was: 51% for plastics; 43% for wooden packaging; 90% for glass; 75% for paper and carton packaging; and 85% for metal packaging.
- Similar trends are being observed in India, where 79% of consumers say that social responsibility, inclusiveness, or the environment is influencing their purchasing decisions.
What is sustainable packaging?
Sustainable packaging, in its broadest sense, is packaging that is more environmentally friendly. It is a solution crafted after considering all basics of sustainability: economic, environmental and societal. For packaging to be deemed sustainable, the best firms conduct a detailed life cycle analysis to determine its environmental impact, rather than just its composition. Enva Plax is dedicated to ensuring the same standard of its products and services.
What is Social, Economic and environmental sustainability?
The benefits of sustainable packaging are understood better when we broaden our perspective. It is built on three pillars: economic, environmental, and social factors. People, planet, and profits are the colloquial names for these three pillars.
Benefits of Sustainable Packaging
- Green packaging provides more storage space and reduces carbon footprint. It is easy to recycle, compost, and compress. Replacing plastic with alternatives like paper and cloth increases the chances of implementing the 3R practice conveniently. This change in the packaging process will save time, money, effort and the environment as well.
- Allergens and toxins are not included in such packaging. Eco-friendly materials like sugarcane, paper, corn starch, bamboo, leaves, crop husks etc. are 100% biodegradable or100% recyclable. Our team at Enva Plax uses environmentally sustainable materials to make our products.
- Green packaging helps the environment by conserving resources. Plastic is not biodegradable. When it is thrown away, it just stays around unaffected for 1000 years, harming nature and increasing the waste. On the other hand, sustainable packaging helps conserve natural resources because it is reusable, recyclable and easy to discard as well. When discarded, it turns into manure, making the land fertile for the further growth of plants.